We ship based on product type. Your order could be split into multiple shipments. Any time a portion of your order ships you will receive an email notification with tracking information.
Email is our primary method of communication. Expect an email with an estimated arrival window shortly after placing your order. Shortly before we start the shipping season, expect an email with more arrival information.
• Trays of 38 Plants: Garden Kits/Mix & Match/ Single Species): These typically begin shipping early May and go into June. Shipping time is heavily dependent on all the species in your order being well-rooted. If winter-spring greenhouse growing conditions are favorable and all species are well-rooted at once, then we ship by order date (first come, first serve). We are a Midwest greenhouse, and due to the challenges of getting all the species transit-ready at the same time, we typically can’t ship before early May.
• 3-Packs (Spring/Summer): Preorders ship late April through late May. Shipping time is heavily dependent on all the species in your order being well-rooted. If all species you ordered are well-rooted at once, then we ship by order date (first come, first serve).
After we have processed all the preorders, new orders for 3-packs will usually ship out within 1 week of order placement. Select remaining species ship until mid-July.
• 3-Packs (Fall): We ship late August through early September going by order date (first come, first
• Bare root plants – Spring: We begin in April and ship through mid-late May going by order date (first come, first serve). Nature sets the schedule each year as to when our season will begin and end. We fill all orders to the best of our ability depending on weather conditions beyond our control (like Midwest snowstorms!). Start date has varied from April 1st to April 22nd.
• Bare Root Plants – Summer: We ship in late July/early August for a small group of dormant ephemerals.
• Bare Root Plants – Fall: We ship throughout October, sometimes early-November, going by order date (first come, first serve).
Most orders are sent within a day or two of receipt. Your order will be split into multiple parts if you have ordered other product types such as plants.